A Google Play game with a lot of adventures

“Strandzha Adventures 3D” is an exciting experience among the amazing nature, ancient sanctuaries and legends of the real Strandzha Mountain. This is an adventure Google Play game in Bulgarian and English languages. All scenery in the game is based on real places in the mountain. Some of them are nowadays tourist attractions and information about them can be found below. The game is available on Google Play:

An adventure Google play game – platformer type with a lot of adventures

This is a Google Play game with fantasy elements. Inspired by the 3D platformer games of the late ’90s. A casual game with lots of entertainment, various traps and obstacles.

The action takes place in the 2nd century BC when the real Strandzha mountain was inhabited by two Thracian tribes – Skyrmians and Asti. The main character of the game is Catos. He is a warrior from the Skyrmian tribe. His mission is to find and rescue his missing fiancee Teana. With the help of his Thracian sword “mahaira” (also called “sika”), he fights against the evil forces that stand in his way – forest beasts, forest spirits and evil wars. On his head, he wears the so-called “Phrygian hat”, characteristic of the Thracians. He collects gold coins that give him lives – for every 50 coins – he gets an extra life.

A visual idea can be gained from the photos:

“Strandzha Adventures 3D” is an adventure game created by us – the BgNatureTrip team. The game scenario incorporates the knowledge we have gathered about Strandzha Mountain as a result of our hikes and explorations in the mountain over the years.

Pictures from the game “Strandzha Adventures 3D” – a Google Play game for android smartphones

Trailer of the Google Play game

The full version of this adventure game – with all levels and without ads is available in the Google Play store and can be purchased and installed on the smartphone from here, at a price of 1,49 euro:

Information about some of the real locations in Strandzha that inspired this Google Play game and how to reach them

Here are some of the locations that feature in this fantasy game as scenery for the opening levels. For the needs of the gameplay, the locations have been further decorated and hazards have been added.

To find out what the other places that are depicted as scenery are at higher levels – you need to buy and install the full version of the game.

It can be said that almost all places are tourist landmarks these days, except for the following two sites. Their visit could be very dangerous!

• The Lion’s Head and the caves are located on the territory of the Ropotamo Reserve. The path approved for tourism only reaches the ruins of the Ranuli fortress. Visiting the Lion’s Head itself and the caves is prohibited!
  • Seal Cave on Maslen Nos. Nowadays, the cave is accessible only from the sea and can be explored through some of the yacht excursions that depart from the port of Primorsko. According to local legend, the cave was once much larger, served as a pirate hideout and had an exit to land.

25 thoughts on “A Google Play game with a lot of adventures

1. Tim 8th May 2024 at 8:42 pm

Great, very good adventure game. Various traps and bosses!

2. Mark138 9th May 2024 at 6:56 am

An excellent 3D adventure game! Takes me back to the 90s!

3. Bugs 9th May 2024 at 2:58 pm

I had fun exploring Strandzha. This 3D platformer game was fun and challenging even for an experienced player.

4. History expert 9th May 2024 at 4:51 pm

One of the best history games in Google Play. It was interesting to me that for the Thracians Dionysus was the supreme god, not Zeus!

5. James J. 9th May 2024 at 5:05 pm

Nice platform game, very good idea. I never imagined that there is such a beautiful nature in Bulgaria. The atmosphere – the combination between picture and music is great. Creates a pleasant mood – this is what most other modern games lack. They are too packed with effects and metrics to keep track of and it is real torture. This game is a love letter to the 3D adventure games in the late 90s. It remind me about Crash Bandicoot (1996) , Zelda (1998) and Aladdin – Nasira’s revenge (2001).

6. Boris 9th May 2024 at 8:57 pm

Yes, a nice adventure game, but it’s already retro. It would be better if the graphics were a bit nicer. It managed to draw my attention to these real places in the Bulgarian Strandzha.

7. Alex 10th May 2024 at 9:58 am

What surprised me is that the satyr is a good character. And in fact satires are the prototype of the depiction of the Devil in the Middle Ages. And it was an attempt to equate all pagan beliefs with Satan. And actually the satyrs are the friends of the god Dionysus. For me this platformer game is very fun!

8. Jonny 10th May 2024 at 10:02 am

It’s sad that this nice adventure game is not on Steam, but it’s playable on PC using BlueStack. This is a program that emulates Android on the computer. You can set your controls to be with a PC keyboard. Here is a tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkyCz_6akX0

9. Crazy Max 10th May 2024 at 1:12 pm

A very fun and cute game that makes me remember of the era of the PS1 and PS2! My only complaint is that it’s a little short, but for the price of $1.50 is completely acceptable!

10. Crash Bandicoot 1996 10th May 2024 at 4:30 pm

А love letter to the golden age of 3D platformers, there’s something that reminds us of most of the games we adored in childhood. I found here some of that crash bandicoot memories. I also found myself embraced by memories of Pitfall and Zelda.

11. Adventure boy 10th May 2024 at 5:03 pm

It’s boring game in my opinion. The character should have more weapons – be able to throw something. Not only with sword. More puzzles also.

12. David Platformer 10th May 2024 at 5:08 pm

Very cute and fun game! Congratulations!

13. The adventurer 10th May 2024 at 8:44 pm

The graphics are very unrealistic and barely functional. The textures are very blurry. I’m annoyed by this forest wall that has trees painted on it. instead of all being 3D. It reminds me a lot of PS1, the forests there were the same.
    On the other hand, there is an interesting story in this platformer game and knowledge of real tourist places in Bulgaria. I like this country, because it has a very diverse nature – jungles, sea, green mountains and rock formations.

14. Gamer64 10th May 2024 at 8:52 pm

This old adventure game was fun. There are flaws – graphics, physics, and controls. I had a good time though. It’s charming and has some unexpected atmospheric touches here and there. This game was made by someone who gets the “3D Aladdin” nostalgia for PS1.

15. Playstation 1 fan 11th May 2024 at 10:49 am

According to me – this is much more than a simple platformer game. It is a guide for the exploration of the real Strandzha mountain.

16. Traveller 11th May 2024 at 2:54 pm

it is a good fantasy game for tourists in Bulgaria. It will give them info about the landscapes.

17. John80 11th May 2024 at 6:30 pm

The reason I love these old adventure and fantasy games is the simpler graphics. They don’t stress you out like current games with countless details and items to collect. It is difficult to understand the atmosphere. Just gives you a headache. These old games have soul and the simplistic graphics allow for more artistry.
    When I see these fantastic creatures now I say to myself – my God, I did not imagine the monster exactly like that!
    This game is made in the good old classic traditions, similar to the cartoons and the arcade games of the 80s and 90s.

18. Tom1992 12th May 2024 at 7:13 am

Stupid adventure game! I’m annoyed by this forest wall with trees painted on it, instead of all being 3D.
    I tried only the Demo version and it was enough to understand there is no point to play it.

19. Penko 12th May 2024 at 7:29 am

This is an excellent idea for tourists! This fantasy game is a concise way to get to know Strandja. And the fact that it is in Google Play Games is just great. You can’t take your PC with you when you’re on vacation in Primorsko, right?

20. Victor 12th May 2024 at 1:26 pm

Short and sweet, but it nails exactly what it wants to be in that little time. It’s not actually a PS1-style collect-a-thon, but manages to get the entire feel of one in a bite-sized game. I imagine your nostalgia for the PS1and PS2 for 3D adventure games (especially Rare titles) heavily decides if you enjoy Strandzha Adventures 3D at all, because gameplay is mostly just jumping, running and sword fighting around gently without much (any really) possibilities for controls. Personally, I loved this little stroll through one of my favorite eras in gaming (for a little perspective: I grew up with an NES and then was blown away by the freedom of 3D platformers in the Playstaion’s time).

Basically, if you only care about getting that ’90s 3D platformer gaming feeling back for 3-4 hours, and don’t mind it’s not actually one of those games, you’ll love Strandzha Adventures to death.

21. Alexander 12th May 2024 at 3:47 pm

Nice adventure platformer game! I like its simplicity – the game is just for fun. Successfully managed to play it on PC with the Blluestack emulator!

22. Steve88 13th May 2024 at 1:30 pm

I beat this game in just under 3 hours by collecting all the coins ( I died many times). This game is incredibly charming, useful and great to play. If you want a quick game to get into and feel nostalgic for collectible 3D platformer games like Crash Bandicoot, Zelda, play this game. I hope there is an extended sequel.

23. Michael Gamer 14th May 2024 at 4:34 pm

Stranzdha Adventures 3D has great potential to be expanded into an even more mature gaming experience, but even in its current offering, it’s a premium 3D platformer. It’s a small, beautifully crafted 3D platformer with a very simple gameplay premise that’s all about doing a lot with very little.
    Overall, for the low price of 1.5 USD, this game offers a lot of fun for the short playing time.
    The level mechanics and structure are very reminiscent of 3D adventure games design from the late 90’s and early 2000s (the original Playstation) and are perfect for both a short, relaxing casual experience and a fast-paced, hardcore run.

24. Crash Bandicoot 1996 14th May 2024 at 8:23 pm

I am happy to support the programmers by purchasing their game, despite being simple and short (taking around 3 hours to complete from first playing). The game was well done, and I hope your next project is as high quality as this one 🙂

25. Tony Boy 18th May 2024 at 4:57 pm

What I liked about this simple 3D game is that there is no excessive fantasy. Everything fits very well, not like in other platformer games – to abound with objects and creatures that do not match. It’s not like Chinese toy stores or Disneyland – with a lot of too fantastic stuff. Everything is well-measured and corresponds to the era of antiquity. Like a classic story of the Brothers Grimm – with elements of folklore and true legends.